Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 – 1½ pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (McCormick is currently gf, but always read the label)
- 1 can small red beans (or kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1¾ cups water, divided
- toppings: cheese, sour cream, green onions, etc.
- Crumble and cook the ground turkey or beef and chopped onion in a skillet until done through. Drain.
- Add ¾ cup of the water and the taco seasoning mix to the meat. Cook for several minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and top with your favorite toppings or none at all.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/taco-soup/