Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Clusters
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- coarse salt (I used Himalayan pink salt)
- Toast the pecans by placing them on a baking sheet and putting them in a 350° oven for 5 - 10 minutes or until fragrant. This enhances the flavor.
- Let the pecans cool, then very coarsely chop them. They should still be in large pieces.
- Combine the pecan pieces, cranberries, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a microwave safe dish that is large enough to hold the chocolate, pecans and cranberries, melt the chocolate chips according to package instructions.
- Add the pecans and cranberries to the melted chocolate and stir to coat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the fruit and nut mixture onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Chill until the chocolate hardens.
If you need them to chill quickly, put them in the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-cranberry-pecan-clusters/