Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 medium size butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch cubes, about 7 cups (or pre-cut squash)
- 2 Tablespoons honey (use ¼ cup if the cranberries are sugar free)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup dried cranberries (to keep it sugar-free, dehydrate your own; otherwise, dried sweetened cranberries are fine)
- Place cut squash on a foil lined or greased baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until just soft.
- Remove from oven and put squash into a greased 8 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Add honey, spices, and cranberries; stir to mix.
- Return to oven for 5 additional minutes.
- Serve or refrigerate.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for 3 - 5 days. This dish reheats well in the oven or microwave.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cranberry-squash/