Crispy Rice Pumpkins
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 10 ounces large marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- chunks of chocolate
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot.
- Add the pumpkin, stir, and heat through.
- Add the marshmallows. Heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pumpkin pie spice.
- Let sit until the mixture reaches room temperature, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This step is important to keep the cereal from becoming soggy.
- Stir in the cereal with a spatula, folding until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to hold together.
- Shape into balls. Press a chunk of chocolate into the center of each ball.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/crispy-rice-pumpkins/