Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 pounds tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth (be sure it’s gluten free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until soft.
- Chop the garlic and add it along with the basil to the pot. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth.
- While the broth heats, chop the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes to the pot (with juice, seeds, and skin).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree the soup using a blender, food processor, or preferably an immersion blender.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/tomato-soup/