Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Appetizer
- ½ bunch kale (2 cups packed pieces)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse the kale and pat it dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Tear the kale off the center rib and then tear into pieces.
- Place the pieces on a large cookie sheet and drizzle with the oil. Toss with your hands, working the oil onto the surface of the leaves.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, check, and bake up to 5 minutes more. The leaves should be thin, brittle, and slightly brown. Be careful because they can quickly start to burn.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/kale-chips/