Author: Chrissy Lane
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cups light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-½ cups all purpose gluten-free flour mix (omit the xanthan gum in the mix)
- ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cups melted unsalted butter
- Spray waffle iron with cooking oil and preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch, and whisk to combine them. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and stir.
- Separate the eggs.
- Add the egg yolks, milk, and the pumpkin, and whisk until blended. Add in melted butter.
- Add pumpkin mixture and dry ingredients and mix (a few lumps in the batter are okay).
- Beat egg whites until peaks form. Put half of the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture and fold. Add in the other half of the whites, and fold until you can’t see any more egg.
- Pour ¼ cup portions of the batter onto your hot waffle iron.
- Cook in the waffle iron until they are golden brown.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pumpkin-waffles/