Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound tilapia (or white fish of your choice) – blended in the food processor
- 1 can of Chickpeas – also blended in food processor
- 1 cup ground gluten-free hummus chips – also in food processor
- Juice of ½ a lemon (preserve the other ½ to share at the table & squeeze onto your fish cakes when serving)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Horseradish Mustard (check label)
- Ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons high heat oil
- Blend all ingredients together well in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm your frying pan on the stove top with oil of your choice using medium-high heat.
- Form patties with your hands, it’s really the only way to do it, go ahead, it’s your food, get messy!
- Preheat the oven at the same time to 375 F.
- Flash fry to brown the cakes on both sides. Then place them on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Move them to the oven for for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lime cilantro rice & fresh organic asparagus.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/fish-cakes/