Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: pizza
- ¾ cup brown rice flour (you can use white rice flour)
- ¼ cup sorghum flour (you can use rice flour if you don’t have sorghum)
- 1¼ cups tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2½ teaspoons instant or bread machine yeast
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup warm milk 105-115 degrees (or water or almond milk)
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of choice
- Combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add the oil and egg whites and mix on low.
- Add the milk and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Put the dough on the pan and spread out to the edges using your hand covered with a baggie that is sprayed with cooking spray.
- Let the dough rise about 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes. It should be a little golden on top.
- Brush the crust with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/supermarket-superstar-gift-card-giveaway/