Watermelon Avocado Basil Salad
Author: Johnna Perry
Recipe type: Salad
- 6 to 8 cups salad greens of your choice
- 2 cups diced, seedless watermelon
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Generous handful of basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 Tablespoon raw local honey
- Juice limes, reserving juice from ½ of lime. Whisk remaining lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and honey together in a small bowl to make dressing. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cubed avocados and juice of ½ lime. Toss to coat avocado. This will discourage browning.
- On four serving plates, divide salad greens.
- Top with watermelon, avocado and basil ribbons.
- Drizzle dressing over the top. (You will have dressing left over. It stores well in the refrigerator. )
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/watermelon-avocado-basil-salad/