Avocado Spinach Soup
Author: Heather @Gluten-Free Cat
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 - 6
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (save a few for garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teasooon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water (or more for thinner soup)
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the avocados through cayenne pepper in a blender. Slowly add a cup of water and blend until smooth. Add more water if you like a thinner soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro leaves, chopped tomato, and a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper.
- Serves 12 as appetizers or 4-6 as a meal.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/avocado-spinach-soup/