Grain-Free Date Balls
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup natural nut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (or coating of choice)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until the dates are smooth. The mixture should be crumbly but hold together when pressed into a ball.
- Use about 1½ teaspoons of mixture to form a ball, pressing and rolling it with your palms.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut or coating of choice.
- Chill before serving.
If the dates are dry, you should soak them in water before using them in this recipe. A little water can be added to the date ball mixture if needed.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/grain-free-date-balls/