Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coconut milk (or cow’s milk)
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless salmon, cut in bite size pieces
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a large sauce pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion and celery until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add the broth, carrots, and potatoes. Heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the milk, salmon, and dill weed. Cook, but do not boil, about 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/salmon-chowder/