Broccoli Quiche with Hamburger
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk (or substitute)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons potato or corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Sauté the ground beef and onion until cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Drain.
- Cut the broccoli into very small florets and steam about 4 minutes or until just tender and bright green.
- Combine the mayonnaise, milk, eggs, starch, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in the broccoli and ground beef mixture.
- Spoon into two greased pie plates and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set in the center.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/broccoli-quiche-with-hamburger/