White Bean Chicken Chili
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter, ghee or coconut oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until tender.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add them to the pot.
- Add the cooked chicken, chicken broth, green chilies, oregano, and cumin.
- Stir everything to combine, cover and heat on medium low about 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with cheese if desired.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/white-bean-chicken-chili/