This Easy Spicy Skillet Chicken recipe is great for a busy weeknight. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s full of flavor from the tumeric, cumin, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
You can easily modify this recipe to your needs. Adjust (or omit) the spices to your taste. And since this makes a large batch, feel free to cut the recipe in half or thirds. Don’t worry if the amounts don’t divide evenly. It’s not a recipe that has to be exact.
Serve this chicken with fresh vegetables such as corn on the cob and broccoli. Bell peppers would be a great addition too!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter or other cooking oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, turmeric, cumin, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook it for 5 – 10 minutes per side or until done in the center.