It’s been a few months since we’ve had a dessert challenge, and we’ve already done most of the major dessert categories so I decided on a dessert bar.
What I mean by dessert bar is any dessert that you make (usually bake, but not necessarily) in a square or rectangular pan and cut it into squares to serve.
Lemon bars are a good example, but so are brownies, or a cookie recipe that is made into bars rather than individual cookies. I personally like to make cookies that way. It is quicker and easier than making individual cookies.
The Challenge: You have some options depending on your level of comfort with gluten-free baking. You could:
- Take a gluten-free cookie recipe and try it as a bars.
- Turn a gluten filled bar recipe into a gluten-free recipe.
- Modify a gluten-free bar recipe to your taste and needs.
- Create your own gluten-free bar recipe.
Share Your Bar Recipe:
- Post your recipe on your blog and include a link back to my site.
- Come to this blog on a Wednesday in April and link your recipe at my Gluten-Free Wednesdays carnival.
- The following week I will highlight bar recipes that include a link back in my Gluten-Free Wednesday post.
- I’m looking for dessert bars this month, not snack bars such as granola bars.
Inspiration: You are welcome to use any of my bar recipes as a basis for your bars.
Gluten-Free dessert bar recipes from other bloggers:
Raspberry Coconut Almond Bars – Gluten-Free Goddess
Magic Oat Bars - Gluten Free Easily
Sorghum Almond Pumpkin Bars – Book of Yum
Lemon Bars - Lynn’s Recipe Adventures
Blueberry Apricot Oat Bars – Gluten Free Gobsmacked