Okay, I know it’s not much of a challenge at all to create a gluten-free beverage because, thankfully, most beverages are naturally gluten-free. I simply thought beverages would be a good challenge for the month of July.
The more challenging things to create gluten-free often require the oven, and in the heat of summer, many of us are avoiding using the oven. We do want plenty of cold beverages to cool us down, though.
Not that your beverage has to be cold. I’m just guessing that most of them will be.
To give you plenty of options, I’m including things like smoothies. If you serve it in a glass, then it qualifies.
To Participate in the Challenge
- Post your recipe on your blog and include a link back to my site.
- Come to this blog on a Wednesday in June and link your recipe at my Gluten-Free Wednesdays carnival.
- The following week I will highlight beverage recipes in my Gluten-Free Wednesday post.
- You can link to an older post as long as you include a link back.
- Don’l link up more than two beverage posts per week.
If you don’t have a blog, my hope is that you still work on these challenges at home. I’d be happy for you to send me an email and let me know what you done.
Beverage Inspiration: There are lots of great ones out there. Here are a few to get you started.
- Cucumber Lemonade – The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Strawberry Smoothie – The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Pink Top Carob Smoothie – City|Life|Eats
- Crab Claws Summer Cocktail - Gluten Free Easily
- Kale Cranberry Smoothie – Celiacs in the House
- Apple Blueberry Pie Smoothie – Ginger Lemon Girl
- Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie – Gluten-Free Goddess
- Sugar-Free Mocha Frappe – Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free