Chocolate covered fruit and nut clusters have become my favorite quick and easy dessert that is well received. If you need something to take to a party, a support group meeting, or any gathering of friends, you can throw this together in minutes and have a sweet treat that is not too indulgent and that everyone will love.
Previously I used this recipe for chocolate covered almonds and cherries. Recently I made the version below for a card night with my girlfriends, and they were a hit. This recipe uses the combination of cranberries and pecans along with a little cinnamon. Remember to toast the nuts–it makes a big difference in flavor.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- coarse salt (I used Himalayan pink salt)
- Toast the pecans by placing them on a baking sheet and putting them in a 350° oven for 5 – 10 minutes or until fragrant. This enhances the flavor.
- Let the pecans cool, then very coarsely chop them. They should still be in large pieces.
- Combine the pecan pieces, cranberries, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a microwave safe dish that is large enough to hold the chocolate, pecans and cranberries, melt the chocolate chips according to package instructions.
- Add the pecans and cranberries to the melted chocolate and stir to coat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the fruit and nut mixture onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Chill until the chocolate hardens.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link. If you purchase an item through the link, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).