This recipe originally came from Wampler, but since I don’t think they are in business any more, I’ll post it here. I love the chicken, mushroom, Parmesan combination and when you add a lemon sauce to it, it’s even better.
I’m sorry I didn’t get a very good picture. I accidentally left it under the broiler just a little too long which didn’t make for the most attractive picture. This one is a piece that was cut in half. The appeal of this dish is more in the flavor than the looks department anyway.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the chicken until just fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken and add the mushrooms. Sauté until soft.
- Combine the cornstarch and water. Add it to the skillet along with the wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook on high heat for 1 minute.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts (slice them horizontally, but not all the way through).
- Place some of the sauce and Parmesan inside each chicken breast and place it in a baking dish. Cover the chicken with the remaining sauce and Parmesan.
- Broil until lightly brown.