This gluten-free cherry chocolate cake is delicious and easy and my family loves it. I have several gluten-eating friends who love this cake and have made it for their gluten-free friends.
I have used Bette Hagman’s and Carol Fenster’s flour mixes in this, and they both turn out well.
Cherry Chocolate Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1¾ cups gluten-free flour mix (Bette's works well)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 21 ounces gluten-free cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup boiling water (hold back 2 Tablespoons)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, pie filling, and extracts.
- Add the boiling water, mixing gently.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan or two 9 inch round pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 - 35 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- Top with powdered sugar or chocolate frosting.
This recipe is linked to Friday Foodie Fix. Stop by to see more chocolate recipes.