This Carrot Broccoli Salad is a great way to use fresh broccoli, carrots, and onions, and I love the flavor and texture that the other ingredients add.
Eating raw vegetables is always a great way to take advantage of the nutrients, but it’s also a great way to eat your veggies when the weather is hot (like it has been here recently). This would be a great salad to take to a party or serve to company.
Be sure to read the label on any processed ingredients (like the mayonnaise). These ingredients are usually gluten free, but there can be exceptions or some things , like the sunflower seeds, might be processed on equipment that also processes wheat.
- ¼ pound bacon
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy and chop into small pieces. Set aside to cool.
- Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size florets. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Chop red onion and add the onion, carrots, sunflower seeds, and raisins to broccoli.
- Stir in mayonnaise until ingredients are lightly coated and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the bacon on top and toss.