This bright and delicious beet smoothie combines vegetables and fruit for a refreshing drink full of vitamins and fiber. These ingredients are naturally sweet, but I added a couple of teaspoons of honey. You can use any sweetener you like and adjust the amount to your taste or use none at all.
I used organic ingredients and did not peel the beet, carrot, or apple. I did give them a good scrub. If you are not using organic, you may want to peel the carrot and apple.
All of these fruits and veggies vary in size and flavor which will affect the outcome of the smoothie. The one in this picture came out a reddish orange. I have use the same ingredients and had it turn out bright pink. Probably the beet was slightly larger. A little beet color goes a long way!
As with any smoothie, you can adjust and add ingredients to your liking. I don’t recommend adding green foods unless you don’t mind drinking a brown smoothie. I’ve done it plenty of times, but the color is not as appealing. Consider adding some of the ingredients I listed in How to Make a Smoothie.
I used my Blendtec blender to make this smoothie. Different blenders will give different results.
- 1 small beet
- 1 gala apple
- 1 carrot
- 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 6 ice cubes
- Scrub the beet, trim, and cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Scrub the apple, core, and cut into chunks.
- Scrub and trim the carrot and cut into1-inch chunks
- Peel the orange, cut into chunks, and remove all seeds.
- Place all ingredients in your blender and process according to blender instructions or until all chunks are blended and the smoothie is smooth!