This beef and green bean recipe doesn’t take a lot of preparation, but the result is delicious.
Chuck roast is a less expensive cut of meat that becomes tender with long slow cooking. However, it does have plenty of fat on it which my husband doesn’t care for. Since the chuck roast is cut into strips for this dish, I am able to trim most of the fat and my husband is happy!
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 16 ounces frozen slender green beans
- Cut the roast in to strips about ¾ inch wide. Trim most of the fat.
- Combine the strips of roast, flour, salt and pepper in a greased 6 quart or larger slow cooker. If using a smaller cooker, cut the recipe in half.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix them together.
- Cover and cook on low 6 – 8 hours or high 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve with rice or pasta.