These paleo applesauce muffins are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. They’re great for breakfast or snacks and are perfect for on-the-go eating. Because they are made with almond flour and coconut flour, they are much lower in carbs than most muffins.
I like using a combination of these two paleo flours. They each add different characteristics resulting in a moist muffin that will stay with you longer than most.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and honey. Mix until combined.
- Spoon into 10 muffin cups and sprinkle the chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe is shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays.