This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ALDI. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve mentioned to you before that I shop at ALDI and enjoy their low prices on a variety of foods.
I also mentioned last year that ALDI now carries a line of gluten-free products which my gluten-free family members enjoy. Quality and taste wise, almost all of them are as good as or better than any other gluten-free brand we have tried. AND, they cost less!
Recently, the ALDI-exclusive liveGfree Gluten Free Pizza was voted the 2015 Product of the Year winner of the Convenience Meal Category. They carry both a cheese pizza and a pepperoni pizza in the frozen foods section. The lasagna, ravioli, chicken nuggets, and stuffed sandwiches are also found in the freezer section.
You can view the different products and their prices in this fact sheet if you want to see pictures, but here is a list of their liveGfree products and their prices.
- liveGfree Gluten Free Penne or Fusilli, 16 oz. – $1.29
- liveGfree Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar, 6 oz. – $1.19
- liveGfree Gluten Free Brown Rice Spaghetti, 16 oz. – $1.89
- liveGfree Gluten Free Stuffed Sandwiches, 9 oz. – $2.69
- liveGfree Gluten Free Cornbread or Pizza Crust Mix, 15-16.5 oz. – $2.99
- liveGfree Gluten Free Cheese Lasagna or Ravioli, 9 oz. – $3.29
- liveGfree Gluten Free Whole Grain or White Bread, 12 oz. – $3.99
- liveGfree Gluten Free Wraps, 11 oz. – $3.99
- liveGfree Gluten Free Chicken Breast Nuggets, 16 oz. – $4.99
- liveGfree Gluten Free Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza, 10 oz. – $4.9
- liveGfree Gluten Free Granola Crunch Assorted Varieties, 12-12.8 oz. – $3.49
- liveGfree Gluten Free Multi Seed Crackers Assorted Varieties, 4.25 oz. – $1.49
- liveGfree Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks or Minis, 8 oz. – $2.49
- liveGfree Gluten Free Baked Chewy Bars Assorted Varieties, 5 oz. – $2.49
- liveGfree Gluten Free Soft Baked Cookies Assorted Varieties , 6 oz. – $2.49
- liveGfree Gluten Free Brownie or Baking Mix, 16-17oz. – $2.99
- liveGfree Gluten Free Yellow Cake or Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, 15-19 oz. – $2.99
I recently did some price comparison with my local grocery store that has a wide selection of gluten-free products. I compared some of the liveGfree products to other gluten-free products that are very similar in nature (some are almost identical) and have the same size packaging. Here are some of the results:
|Product||liveGfree Price||Other Brand Price|
|Soft Baked Cookies||$2.49||$3.79|
|Cake or Cookie Mix||$2.99||$4.59|
I like that many of their naturally gluten-free foods are labeled as such. It’s reassuring to see a gluten-free label on foods, but I always read the ingredients to be double sure. They also note lactose-free foods. Here’s an example on a can of organic diced tomatoes.
In addition, many of their SimplyNature products (but not all) are labeled USDA Organic, such as the SimplyNature pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and tortilla chips. I try to buy organic corn products because being USDA organic means that it is non-GMO. Also pictured below are fruit and nut bars that are not part of their liveGfree line, but are gluten free.
One liveGfree product that my family especially enjoys is the Snickerdoodle Soft Baked Cookies. Even my gluten eating family members love these cookies! They also carry Chocolate Brownie Soft Baked Cookies which I have used in combination with a couple of other naturally gluten-free ALDI products for a simple recipe that my husband in particular gives a thumbs up to. Here are the ALDI ingredients I used in the recipe:
These balls are super easy to make and they can help you stretch as well as “dress up” a package of cookies.
- 1 package liveGfree Double Chocolate Brownie Soft Baked Cookies
- ¼ cup Simply Nature Creamy Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Bakers Corner Confectioners Sugar + more for rolling
- Place the entire package of cookies in a food processor and pulse until the cookies are broken up and in small crumbs.
- Add the almond butter and powdered sugar and process until combined and holding together. If the mixture seems too oily, add a little more powdered sugar, if too dry, add a little more almond butter.
- Roll into balls and coat with additional powdered sugar.
Connect with ALDI
To keep up with all that ALDI has to offer, be sure to follow them here: