Hi! My name is Linda. Welcome to The Gluten-Free Homemaker. Diagnosed with celiac disease in the fall of 2000, I have been on a gluten-free diet ever since. You can read my celiac story here. I have greatly enjoyed the challenge of learning to cook and bake gluten-free food. My husband and 3 boys (now young men) have been my guinea pigs over the years, and they can attest to the fact that gluten-free can be delicious.
I never apologize for serving gluten-free food because the food I make tastes great! It is my hope and desire that I can make someone else’s life a little easier by providing you with recipes and information that were not available to me when I started out on the gluten-free diet.
As of the fall of 2010 I am also eating casein (a milk protein) free and mostly soy free. You will see that reflected in my newer recipes. Almost all of my recipes can be made with dairy substitutes or with regular dairy products.
You can receive all my recipes and other content for free in your inbox.
What You Will Find Here
The types of blog posts you can expect to find here include:
- Recipes - A new one each Monday and sometimes later in the week also. See the “Recipes” tab above for indexed recipes in different categories.
- Weekly Menu Ideas
- Gluten-Free Diet Information – Various topics that relate to gluten-free living.
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays – A blog carnival of gluten-free eating ideas. There is a theme for each month. Themes are only a suggestion, but I do look for theme entries to highlight each week.
- Kitchen Tips
- Surfing Saturday - A round-up of links including gluten-free and other topics
- Product Reviews and Giveaways
If you would like to connect with me more you can follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook. On weeknights, I post what we are having for dinner on my Facebook page and ask others to share what they are having. It’s a great place to get gluten-free dinner ideas.
If you think my blog can be of help to you, please subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. Finally, I hope that you will take the time to leave a comment or send me an email and introduce yourself and give me some feedback. I love hearing from readers and would like to know how I can better help you.
You can read my disclaimer here.