Hi! My name is Linda. Welcome to The Gluten-Free Homemaker. Diagnosed with celiac disease in the fall of 2000, I have been on a gluten-free diet ever since. You can read my celiac story here.
I have greatly enjoyed the challenge of learning to cook and bake gluten-free food. My husband and 3 boys (now young men) have been my guinea pigs over the years, and they can attest to the fact that gluten-free can be delicious. I never apologize for serving gluten-free food because the food I make tastes great!
It is my hope and desire that I can make someone else’s life a little easier by providing you with recipes and information that were not available to me when I started out on the gluten-free diet.
As of the fall of 2010 I am also eating casein (a milk protein) free and mostly soy free. You will see that reflected in my newer recipes. Almost all of my recipes can be made with dairy substitutes or with regular dairy products.
You can receive all my recipes and other content for free in your inbox.
How to Be Gluten Free
What You Will Find Here
The types of blog posts you can expect to find here include:
- Recipes - Often a new one each Monday. See the “Recipes” tab above for indexed recipes in different categories.
- Weekly Menu Ideas - Usually published on Saturday or Sunday in a beautiful digital magazine format.
- Gluten-Free Diet Information – Various topics that relate to gluten-free living.
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays – A blog carnival of gluten-free eating ideas. Bloggers come and link to their recipe or gluten-free related post. You come here and find a great compilation of links.
- Product Reviews and Giveaways - Occasionally