In the heat of summer, I have no interest in turning on my oven unless it is a special occasion. I simply hate the heat, so home baked cookies and cakes are out and homemade ice cream, fruit cream, and popsicles are in.
The problem comes when I want to make something to take to a cookout or other event. Frozen treats just don’t work well and they usually don’t feed a lot of people. These no-bake desserts for summer use either the stove top or microwave or the ingredients don’t require any heating at all.
Many of these recipes are dairy free, some are grain free, and with any that call for peanut butter you could use almond or cashew butter as a substitute.
No heating at all
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- Grain-Free Date Balls
- Chocolate Nut Butter Date Balls
- Nut-Free Date Bars
Microwave heating (or stove)
- Chocolate Almond Clusters (can skip toasting the almonds)
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Pretzels
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Clusters (same as above)
Stove top heating
- Chocolate Truffles
- Brown Rice Syrup Toffee
- Caramel Topping
- Chocolate Syrup
- Strawberry Rhubarb Topping
- No-Bake Cookies